The “Win Your Vaillancourt Doors and Windows Purchase up to a $10,000 Value" contest (hereinafter the “Contest”) is organized by Vaillancourt Doors and Windows (hereinafter “Vaillancourt”). The Contest runs from February 5, 2024, at 8:00 a.m., Montreal time (hereinafter the “Contest Start Date”), to April 13, 2024, at 11:59 p.m., Montreal time (hereinafter the “Contest End Date”).
1. Eligibility conditions
The Contest is open to all persons (hereinafter the “Entrants”) who:
- 1.1. Live in Quebec;
- 1.2. Have reached the age of eighteen (18) by the Contest Start Date; and
- 1.3. Have purchased Vaillancourt Doors and Windows products at one of its stores or authorized retailers for a renovation project between February 5, 2024, and April 13, 2024 (hereinafter the “Contest Period”).
- Limit one (1) entry per street address.
- No purchase required.
- The winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question.
Vaillancourt and its employees, representatives and authorized retailers, employees thereof, agents assisting with the organization of the Contest and all persons residing with the foregoing are ineligible for the Contest.
2. How to enter
To enter, simply submit an entry ballot between February 5, 2024, and April 13, 2024.
- 2.1. Limit one (1) entry per home address.
- 2.2. No minimum purchase.
No purchase or other consideration necessary.
No purchase is required to be eligible for the Contest. However, any person wishing to obtain a contest ballot must submit a handwritten letter at least 100 words in length explaining briefly why they should win. Entries must include the person’s telephone number, email address and civic address and must be received by Vaillancourt no later than April 13, 2024, via postal mail at the following address: Win Your Vaillancourt Doors and Windows Purchase Contest, 252 Industriel Boulevard, Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, Quebec, J0C 1K0. Limit one (1) handwritten entry per person, per civic address during the Contest Period. If the winner drawn at random did not purchase any Vaillancourt Doors and Windows products, then their prize will be a $1,000.00 credit at Vaillancourt Doors and Windows. All other rules remain applicable as described. If a handwritten entry was submitted and no purchase was made, this will be the purchase amount applicable for the purpose of awarding a prize.
One (1) prize (the “Prize”) will be awarded. The winner will win the total amount of their purchase (including any installation charge appearing on the same invoice) up to a value of $10,000 inclusive of taxes. The maximum retail value of the Prize is $10,000.00 but could vary between $0.01 and $10,000.00 depending on the highest purchase amount.
In the event that a selected Entrant entered the Contest via the “no purchase required” method, the Prize will be a gift certificate in the amount of $1,000.00 for Vaillancourt Doors and Windows products. The Prize will be awarded to the Entrant whose name is indicated on the entry ballot drawn.
Only Entrants whose Contest entries were received by Vaillancourt on or before the Contest End Date are eligible to win the Prize.
4. Announcement of the Prize winner
The Contest will have a single winner. The winner will be the Entrant whose name was drawn from among all Entrants who entered the Contest. The draw will take place on April 25, 2024, at 11:00 a.m., Montreal time, at the premises of Vaillancourt located at 252 Industriel Boulevard, Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, Quebec, J0C 1K0.
The winner will be contacted by telephone following the draw date.
5. Claiming the Prize
- 5.1. To be declared the Prize winner, the selected Entrant must:
- 5.1.1. Meet the eligibility conditions set out in these Rules;
- 5.1.2. Complete (including filling in all mandatory fields) and sign the declaration and waiver of liability to be mailed or emailed to them and return it to the Contest organizer within ten (10) business days following receipt;
- 5.1.3. Be reachable, at the contact information provided by the Entrant, via telephone by Vaillancourt or reply to an email sent by Vaillancourt or its representatives within two (2) business days following the announcement of the winner;
- 5.1.4. Correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question without any form of mechanical or other assistance; and
- 5.1.5. In a timely manner on request, supply a piece of photo identification.
- 5.2. If the selected Entrant is not reachable by telephone or fails to reply to the email sent by Vaillancourt within two (2) business days following the announcement of the winner, then their rights will be deemed forfeited and Vaillancourt will conduct a new draw.
- 5.3. When an Entrant is declared the winner, they will receive their Prize in the form of a cheque made out in the winner’s name. They must pick up their Prize in person at the store or authorized retailer nearest to their home.
Should the winner fail to meet any of the conditions set out above or any other condition provided in these Rules, the winner will be disqualified and the Prize that was to go to them will be awarded in accordance with paragraph 5.2.
A selected Entrant’s refusal to accept a Prize in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein releases the Contest organizer from any obligation toward that person in relation to that Prize.
6. Conditions attached to the Prize
The Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be exchanged, refunded, transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that the Prize is not accepted in accordance with the conditions attached thereto, said Prize will be deemed to have been forfeited.
7. Personal information
- 7.1. By entering this Contest, all Entrants agree to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information by Vaillancourt and its authorized agents for the purpose of running this Contest and awarding the Prize.
- 7.3. The winner agrees that Vaillancourt and its authorized retailers may use and disclose to the general public their name, town of residence, photo, likeness and voice, a description of their Prize and any statements regarding the Contest via any media or format including, but not limited to, the Internet for advertising or promotional purposes without any further notice or remuneration and, where applicable, the winner will have to sign a document to this effect. Entrants’ personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without their respective consent.
8. General conditions
- 8.1. Vaillancourt reserves the right to disqualify or cancel the entry of any Entrant who takes part or attempts to take part in this Contest in a manner not in compliance with these Rules. Any decision on the part of Vaillancourt concerning this aspect of the Contest will be final.
- 8.2. This Contest is subject to federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations applicable in Canada and the province of Quebec.
- 8.3. Entry ballots that are incomplete, received after the Contest End Date, lost, irregular in any way or submitted using an unauthorized method are deemed null and void and will not be accepted for the draw to announce the Prize winner.
- 8.4. Vaillancourt assumes no responsibility for entries that are received after the Contest End Date, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, falsified, modified, lost or otherwise irregular or that are submitted in a manner that does not comply with these Rules, and such entries will be deemed null and void. Vaillancourt also assumes no responsibility for any problem, outage, communications line malfunction, computer online system, telephone, hardware, software, server, service provider, email, browser, Facebook, Contest website, error or technical malfunction that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions affecting the transmission or non-transmission of an entry regardless of cause.
- 8.5. Additionally, Vaillancourt is in no way responsible for any incorrect or erroneous information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, including in the processing of entries. Vaillancourt assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Vaillancourt is not responsible for any injury or damage resulting from the organization of the Contest.
- 8.6. Vaillancourt reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to discontinue, modify or postpone the Contest at any time without prior notice should any circumstance prevent the planned execution of the Contest.
- 8.7. By entering the Contest, the Entrant acknowledges having read and understood these Rules and agrees to be bound by and to comply with the Rules. The Entrant certifies that the Rules are understandable and reasonably available for consultation.
- 8.8. The name of the winner may be obtained by emailing Vaillancourt’s representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8.9. Any dispute with respect to the organization or conduct of a promotional contest or the awarding of the Prize must be brought before a court of jurisdiction in the judicial district of Drummond to the exclusion of any other tribunal that might otherwise have jurisdiction in the circumstances.